2018 Candidate for NC House District 25
About John Check
I am running for NC House District 25 representing all the citizens of Nash County. I was born in Charlotte and grew up in Tarboro. As a Methodist minister, I have traveled and lived in eastern North Carolina for most of my adult life. Upon retirement from the ministry, my family returned to Nash County, where I served as Pastor of St Paul’s United Methodist Church. My wife of forty years, Sheryl, and I have one daughter, Nicole, who lives in New Bern.
Why am I running for office?
North Carolina has made tremendous progress in the past eight years under the leadership of conservative, common sense Republicans such as Jeff Collins. I want to ensure that North Carolina continues to grow and prosper and that pro-growth, conservative values continue to prevail in Raleigh.
- Family values
- Limited government
- Excellence in education
- Job growth through free market principles
- Constitutional rights for all citizens
- Lower taxes
- Support education
- Support job growth
- Reduce government red tape and waste
- Retired United Methodist Minister
- Advisor to the President – NC Wesleyan College
- Founder of Dallas Christian Video
- Former Director of Mar keting andMedia, Dallas Seminary
- Former lead sales person,Walvoord Data Systems
- Married to Sheryl Decker Check since 1978
- Father of Nicole Check of New Bern
- Conservative. Christian. Constitutionalist.